On September 12, 2022, American powerlifter John Haack shared Instagram footage in which he captured a raw 275-kilogram (606.3-pound) bench press during a teaching session. For each the caption of his submit, the thriving bench press rep is a new particular record (PR) for Haack.
[Related: How to Do the Incline Bench Press for Upper-Body Size and Strength]
In accordance to Open up Powerlifting, Haack’s new bench press mark unofficially exceeds his all-time raw opposition very best by 7.5 kilograms (16.6 pounds). That figure of 267.4 kilograms (589.7 lbs) from the 2022 Environment Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Pro is the recent all-time World Report in the 90-kilogram division.
Haack’s display of power conveniently arrives at a time when he’ll before long have the possibility to increase his Environment Document. The powerlifter is making ready for the forthcoming United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Professional Uncooked. That competition will just take spot on Sept. 24, 2022, at the Brave Plenty of CrossFit Gymnasium in North Kansas Town, MO.
In addition to his staggering bench push history, Haack also possesses the all-time Entire world Report deadlift and full in the 90-kilogram classification. Here’s an overview of the athlete’s top all-time raw level of competition bests:
John Haack (90KG) | All-Time Raw Levels of competition Bests
- Squat — 345 kilograms (760.6 kilos)
- Bench Press — 267.4 kilograms (589.7 lbs) | All-Time Environment Record
- Deadlift — 410 kilograms (903.9 pounds) | All-Time Earth Report
- Total — 1,022 kilograms (2,254.2 lbs) | All-Time Planet History
[Related: How to Do the Triceps Kickback for Arm Size]
In the course of his career, Haack has recognized a significant common of excellence. Of 25 powerlifting contests to his identify, some of which he competed in equally the Open and Junior divisions, Haack has won on 21 situations and qualified for the podium 24 instances. When he competes at the USPA Professional, Haack will check out to lengthen his winning streak to 4 competitions courting back to September 2021.
Here’s a rundown of notable results from Haack’s vocation:
John Haack | Noteworthy Job Results
- 2013 United states of america Powerlifting (USAPL) Badger Open up (Open/Uncooked) — First Put | 1st occupation victory
- 2015-2016 USAPL Raw Nationals (Open up/Junior/Raw) — Initially position
- 2017 WRPF Manager of Bosses 4 (Open/Uncooked) — First location
- 2018-2019 USPA The Tribute (Open up/Raw) — 1st spot
- 2020 USPA Metroflex Powermania (Open up/Uncooked) — 1st place
- 2020 WRPF The Showdown (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Hybrid Showdown III (Open/Raw) — Very first put
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open up (Open up/Raw) — 2nd area
- 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown (Open up/Raw) — 1st place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Open/Raw) — First place
- 2022 WRPF American Pro (Open/Raw) — 1st area
[Related: The Best Landmine Workouts for More Muscle and Better Conditioning]
Haack does not have a great deal to verify as a powerlifting superstar with a few World Records underneath his belt. 1 of the ideal items he could do is to keep on constructing a legendary resume by attaining even loftier documents.
Showcased graphic: @bilbo_swaggins181 on Instagram